From the very beginning of our journey in 2018, our mission has been to support both the recruitment and retention of Black Teachers in the UK and beyond. We seek to empower and amplify the voices of Black educators and Black non-teaching staff. We will achieve this by building a safe space to navigate, learn and grow as Black Educators. As we do this work, our ultimate goal is to increase the representation of Black educators at all levels of the education system by supporting and promoting our educators into Leadership roles through intentional personal and professional development.
Black Teachers Connect CIC seeks to become a global community for all Black educators and those who work in education. We will create an impact on the communities we serve.
There will be a focus on:
· Increasing the numbers of Black teachers in the UK and worldwide
· Building a teaching workforce that reflects its students
· Intentional and high-quality training provided for Black Educators
· A productive safe space where educators feel valued and supported
· Black educators taking up space unapologetically in Middle and Senior leadership positions.
Our Core Values
Our core values are at the centre of everything we do.
1. Intentional Service – at the very heart of BTC, we are providing service to Black educators. At the core of this is creating impact. We do this intending to ensure they are fully supported in all aspects of their career and journey through providing high-quality training and events.
2. Valued Community – Community is at the core of everything we do. Networking is an important aspect of our company as we give educators the tools to grow both personally and professionally.
3. Unity - Collaboration is a key part of the BTC community. A key focus for us is global teamwork and collaboration to ensure all Black educators are supported. We are stronger when we work together.
4. Innovation – Our work will always reflect the needs of the communities we serve. We will continue to support the growth of our community and make improvements where necessary.
5. Integrity – BTC will ensure that the communities we serve support, trust, and value our work through honouring our commitments. The team is dedicated to striving for excellence to ensure that our impact is felt.
Copyright © 2021 Black Teachers Connect CIC - All Rights Reserved. Black Teachers Connect CIC "Creating a community for Black Teachers" | Company no. 13210270
Unit 92736, PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US
Powered by GoDaddy